The Governing body for Wilby CEVC Primary School has a range of responsibilities to ensure the school is providing high quality education for your children. The Governing body is made up of a number of individuals from a range of backgrounds, from staff, parents, local community members and those elected by the Local Education Authority (LEA). All of the Governing body are elected members.
The Governing Body:
- Provides a strategic overview
- Acts as a critical friend
- Ensures accountability
In doing so they, in partnership with the Headteacher, are responsible for:
- Determining the aims and objectives for the school;
- Monitoring pupil progress;
- Interviewing and appointing staff;
- Allocating the school budget, so that national and local requirements are met and to ensure that our children's needs are met;
- Managing the buildings;
- Deciding how the school is to be used outside school hours;
- Fostering good relationships with parents and the local community.
This is not an exhaustive list.
To find out further information about the Governing Body for Wilby CEVC Primary School please visit the following pages:
If you would like more information on the role of a school governor or are interested in becoming a governor, visit the Suffolk County Council website here: Suffolk County Council Website or contact the school office on: firstname.lastname@example.org